Bananas are widely cultivated in tropical regions around the world. They are extremely healthy and nutritious and are among the world’s most commonly consumed fruits. They are rich of fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C and various antioxidants and phytonutrients. There are several evidence-based health benefits of bananas such as they may help moderate blood sugar levels, improve digestive health, aid weight loss, support heart health, among others.
Bananas are usually a choice for dessert, snack, or addition to yogurt, etc. Unfortunately, they turn overly ripe quite quickly and they do not taste as good at this stage. What will you do with your overripe bananas if you do not want to throw them away?
As far as creativity goes, you can add bananas to smoothies and milkshakes, you can make ice cream with frozen banana slices, you can add bananas to cookies or pancakes, and you can also make banana breads and cakes or muffins. Talking about making cakes with bananas, perhaps combination of bananas and chocolate or chocolate chips in particular is considered the best. This is also the combination in our banana chocolate chip cake recipe. The recipe is super simple and does not require a mixer like most of cake recipes do. So go ahead and turn your overripe bananas into moist and delicious cakes that invite a bite.
Pin the recipe:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Total Time: 70-80 minutes
- Yield: 6 to 9 depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, muffin
- Method: Baking
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 120ml non-sugar fresh milk
- 120ml cooking oil
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 160g sugar
- 2g salt
- 5g baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
- Cut and use a fork to mash the bananas on a plate until the substance is relatively smooth then put it aside.
- Mix the egg, milk and cooking oil well in a bowl with a balloon whisk, then put it aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder gently with a silicon spatula.
- Pour the egg-milk-cooking oil mixture into the flour mixture, stir well until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until the chips are blended with the mixture.
- Stir the mashed banana into the mixing bowl until combined but do not over mix.
- Place the batter into muffin cups to around two thirds of each cup.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for 50 to 60 minutes, or until you insert a toothpick into center of cake and it comes out clean.
Super simple, isn’t it? The bananas and chocolate chips add rich flavor to the cakes and surely you can’t stand to take a bite. Enjoy the delicious cakes!
Keywords: banana chocolate chip cake, baked, banana, chocolate chip
What the video: