Are you looking for delicious Banana Sponge cake recipes? If so, we have a special gift for you. On this article, we are going to share with you the most delicious Banana sponge cake recipe like chocolate banana sponge cake, moist banana sponge cake… You can use these recipes to make easy Banana sponge cake. You can also make an eggless, vegan, gluten-free banana sponge cake. #BananaSpongecake #Spongecake ##Bananacakerecipes @havycakes. If you like the video, Pin this Banana Sponge Cake recipe to your board
In this recipe, you will learn to make a banana sponge cake with separated egg method. With this method, the egg yolk and egg white will be beaten or foamed separately with other ingredients, then folded together. Air cells will form in the batter and the cells will increase under high temperature of baking. It means that beaten egg will make the cake rise in volume with a lot of holes inside and create the sponge texture; that is why it is called “sponge cake”. Cakes made with this method are usually a little bit dry so they are often topped with moist or wet toppings.
For this banana sponge cake recipe, the cake will taste refreshing and wonderful by adding custard filling and small-chopped ripe banana in between two cake layers after baking. Why don’t you give this delicious cake a try? I am sure you will not be disappointed.
The below instruction steps will walk you through the process with ease. Let’s get started.
How to Make Soft, Moist & Fluffy Banana Sponge Cake | Easy Yummy Banana Sponge Cake Recipe
Are you looking for delicious Banana Sponge cake recipes? If so, we have a special gift for you. On this article, we are going to share with you the most delicious Banana sponge cake recipe like chocolate banana sponge cake, moist banana sponge cake… You can use these recipes to make easy Banana sponge cake. You can also make an eggless, vegan, gluten-free banana sponge cake.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- 6 eggs
- 75ml milk
- 75ml cooking oil
- 50g flour
- 100g cornstarch
- 120g sugar
- Custard filling
- Dry coconut
- Small-chopped banana (sufficient amount)
- Separate the egg yolks and place them in a large mixing bowl; the egg white will be used later to make foam.
- Pour the milk and cooking oil into the egg yolk bowl and mix them well with a balloon whisk.
- Sieve the cornstarch and flour on the wet mixture with a fine mesh sieve, then mix with a whisk until the flour and cornstarch are well-blended. The mixture at this time should be in lemon color, smooth and a little bit thick.
- It’s time to create some foam. Put the egg white into a large (stainless steel) mixing bowl because you will need space for the foam to form. Whisk the egg white with a hand mixer, start with slow speed. While whisking, slowly pour the sugar in then increase to medium-high speed, keep whisking until all the sugar dissolved and a perfect foam obtained. The foam should be thick, shiny and smooth. This foam will make the batter rise in the hot oven and give the cake a sponge texture after baking, which contains a lots of holes.
- Place some foam into the flour mixture obtained before and use a spatula to mix until well-blended, then pour this mixture into the remaining foam in the other mixing bowl and quickly stir the mixture with the spatula until fully mixed. Now the batter is ready for baking.
- Put parchment paper on a sheet pan, then pour all the batter into to the sheet pan and level it evenly. Dust some dry coconut and place some lines of custard filling on the surface to bring more flavor to the cake. If you don’t know how to make custard filling, follow our article on how to make cream puffs from scratch. It’s easy.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cut the cake into six to do next steps more easily.
- Take one piece of the cake and put a layer of custard filling on top of the piece, then place small-chopped banana on and finally cover the top with another piece of cake. Now you have just completed one part of your banana sponge cake. Repeat to complete the remaining parts.
- Apply some decoration on the cake if you like or you can leave it as is.
Now enjoy the tasty banana sponge cake. Fresh banana and custard filling blended with soft and moist cake will bring a wonderfully rich flavor to your mouth. Pure heaven, isn’t it?
Keywords: banana sponge cake, sponge cake, foam cake
Watching the step by step video to learn how to make Banana Sponge Cake