Prepare to salivate because our crispy chicken burger recipe will beat every fast-food burger out there! Why should we choose doughy pieces of bread and cold meats when we could have it freshly cooked and hot?
Even if you are on a diet, indulge yourself a bit, and don’t worry, since we will be using chicken breast, which is perfectly fine for the strictest diets.
The story of Burger
I probably don’t need to go on and on about how much Americans love their hamburgers. The delicious food has made its way to street diners, fast-food brands, and classy restaurants. However, the inspiration for it came from Hamburg, German (hence, ‘hamburger’!), but the concept of sandwich appeared much later.
2 centuries ago, people started to mince and mix beef from Hamburg cows with salt, garlic, pepper, and form patties. The reputation and quality of Hamburg beef made the steaks a costly choice for gourmets. Back in the Industrial Revolution, they served factory workers with this steak from carts, yet you can tell it’s not easy to enjoy the dish when you have to stand most of the time. A clever cook decided to slip the patty between 2 slices of bread, and the rest is history.
Over the years, the burgers gained an irreplaceable place in American cuisine as well as many other countries. People never stopped creating and inventing, thus we have more and more variations of the original burger. Due to the famousness of fried chicken chains, the chicken burger has risen and become the ultimate favorite of many consumers.
How to make a chicken burger?
Chicken Burger Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Burger
- Method: Frying
First of all, let’s collect the supplies we need. I will be introducing you to their alternatives later!
- For the stuffing
- 100g chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 25g flour
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 10g Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- For the burger
- 1 burger bun
- 2 teaspoons burger sauce
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 4 tomato slices (20g)
Step 1: Fry the chicken breast
- Carefully slit the chicken breast in half with your blade and spread the halves open. Ram the knife down onto the meat to create indents before sprinkling some salt on both sides. This step allows the salt to absorb and give your main ingredient some flavor.
- Pour flour and breadcrumb into two separate bowls.
- Break the egg and whisk it lightly to obtain an egg wash.
- Dip the chicken breast in flour, egg, and breadcrumb in order to make sure they cling tightly.
- Fry the meat on medium heat for about 10 minutes. The texture will turn golden and inviting, but we are not done yet!
- Put grated cheese on top and give it some more time to melt.
Step 2: Make the burger
- Cut the burger bun in half.
- Put the halves in your frypan until the white inside becomes slightly brown around the edge. It makes the bread crispy when we sink our teeth into this scrumptious chicken burger.
- Give each half a teaspoon of burger sauce and spread it evenly.
- Place the lettuce leaf and the tomato slices on one burger half before topping them with the fried cheesy chicken and the other coated burger, and you are good to go!
- As I usually advise: be creative with the spices you use. You might add some BBQ signature and grill the chicken breast instead of having it crisply fried.
- The flour is more important than you think! Without it, the egg dip will be too wet and viscous to keep the crumbs sticking to it.
- Add a clove of garlic when you fry the chicken if you are a fan of that strong scent.
- Leave the fried meat on wax paper to remove excess oil.
- If you like your chicken burger with a special sauce, you can spread it on top of the chicken or serve it separately.
- A few alternative vegetables for you to use are red onion, avocado, or cucumber salad. There is no limit when it comes to veggies.
Keywords: chicken burger
Follow our instruction video on how to make a chicken burger, and you will have a delicious and healthy quick meal in less than half an hour! Crispy rims, soft bread buns, and juicy fried chicken – they make a perfect combo you won’t find in fast-food restaurants. For more breakfast ideas, take a look at our Egg Muffins, Steamed Egg with Vegetables, or Potato Omelet, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.