Chicken Cake (also known as Chicken Patties) can steal many hearts, no matter how picky they are! I mean, who doesn’t love a crispy texture with a cheesy and creamy center? It’s perfect if you want to do something different for the weekend after a whole busy week but you are not exactly in the best condition for fancy dishes, or there are itsy bitsy leftovers in your kitchen.
- 1 Healthy Chicken Breast
- 2 How to make Chicken Cake?
- 3 Chicken Cake | Easy Crispy Snack Recipe
Healthy Chicken Breast
Although chicken is a very versatile ingredient, the breast has been slightly underestimated. It’s almost always available everywhere, nevertheless, it’s not entirely easy to cook. The line between dry and undercooked is a risk, a thin boundary to cross.
The breast of poultry is the greatest source of protein for your body as well as other nutrients like calcium, iron, and vitamins. I can enumerate a few benefits of it you are thinking a chicken cake will be detrimental to your diet:
- Build muscles. For a supply of clean protein, the most noticeable benefit of chicken breast is definitely maintaining the leanness of muscles you have earned from training and exercising.
- Control appetite. Like fiber, protein prolongs the satiety after having a meal and prevents you from feeling hungry too soon. It’s one of many reasons why the experts never forget to add protein and reduce processed sugar or unhealthy carbs in your diet.
- Strengthen bones. Scientists believe protein cooperates with calcium to protect bones instead of increasing the fragility of them.
How to make Chicken Cake?Print
Chicken Cake | Easy Crispy Snack Recipe
We can call it a less expensive and more common version of crab cakes. Be attentive when you shape the meatballs, fill them with stringy cheese, and fry them until they are all golden and appealing – it’s extremely simple!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Frying
- 150g chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 100g flour
- 200g breadcrumb
- 50g Mozzarella cheese
Once you have the ingredients ready, it’s time to start making a dish full of delicious Chicken Cake. If the images aren’t detailed enough, please open the video below and follow the steps!
Step 1: Make the cakes
There should be enough ingredients for 6 cakes.
- Slice the chicken breast before chopping the pieces into finely mince.
- Mix the minced chicken with ½ teaspoon salt. Besides giving your dish a stronger flavor, it also eliminates bacteria.
- Pinch a part of the chicken dough and mold it into a small sphere. – Press on the meat cube to flatten it a little. With a larger surface, you can easily place some cheese on top before shaping it to the old form again.
Step 2: Make the crust
- Break the eggs and whisk them lightly for a smooth, golden egg wash.
- Pour flour and breadcrumb into two separate bowls.
- First, you will roll the cake in flour and dip it in the egg before immersing it in breadcrumbs. The egg and the flour will ensure breadcrumbs cling to your cakes and make them crispy.
Step 3: Fry the cakes
- To make a fried chicken cake evenly cooked and delicious, we will keep the oil level at the middle of the cakes and adjust the heat mode to medium.
- Flip the cakes when the bottom turns golden brown and serve as soon as you finish so you can enjoy the melted cheese along with the appealing chicken.
- You can also a food processor to make mince. We recommend chilling every type of meat in advance in this case.
- After making the mince, you should wash the chopping board, the knives, and every tool you use immediately since raw meat has bacteria that might spread very quickly.
- Canned chicken is also an option, yet remember to drain it well first!
- As usual, a nonstick frying pan will be better, for the chicken cake won’t be stuck and burnt.
- It’s possible to add a bit of onion or garlic in your minced chicken or the cheese stuffing. However, the calories and nutrition data might change a bit compared to what we provide in this recipe.
Yes, you can refrigerate the chicken cake batch for a couple of days (up to 4 days, according to the USDA). The longer the chicken breast has been in your fridge, the shorter the deadline. If you want to reheat them, here are some notes:
- Microwave. 1 minute of heating should be enough to melt the cheese again.
- Skillet. I strongly recommend using a skillet because it will keep your cakes crispy.
- If you want to serve these cakes as a dessert, you might want to design them with a topper to make them more appealing than ever! It can be a drop of tomato sauce or mayonnaise, depending on your preference.
- They are qualified enough to be the main course too! A healthy salad and mashed potatoes will turn the snack into a restaurant dish.
- If you are in a rush, you can make a sandwich out of the cakes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 248 kcal
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 292mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 36.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
Keywords: chicken cake
If you are ready to try a chicken cake right on weekend, don’t forget to share the result with us! We have many snack recipes such as Crunch Egg Fingers, Potato Cheese Pancakes, or Sausage Bread Rolls for you to host a small gathering with your loved ones. Last but not least, subscribe to our channel for daily updates, and we will introduce many irresistible dishes to you soon!