“Yummy! Yummy! What a delicious food!”. This was my son’s compliment for a simmered squid food I cooked for him. I’m very happy to cook many appealing dishes for whom I love and I think so are you. Particularly, spicy dried squid simmer with chili shrimp paste that I want to mention. Just less spicy if you cook for your child. For us, a very spicy dried squid recipe results in you as a seafood glutton who is addictive to eating.
In addition, dried squids are very popular with Vietnamese people, especially men. Dried squid dishes are usually cooked as snacks for men’s drinking or parties. However, many current recipes are shared due to the health benefits of dried squids.
Normally, dried squids are just simply baked for eating. Therefore, in order to add various recipes from this seafood type, I post to you a food which is very mouth-watering, much tasty for chili shrimp paste added to.
Meanwhile, dried squid is slowly simmered with spicy sauce that is a fast and easy recipe to everyone, especially the beginners who have not tried to make this dish yet. I and you now start to cook this delicious food!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Asian Food
- 500g small dried squid
- 2 tbsp chili shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 chilies
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- Dried squids as the major ingredient to cook this food are the small ones (or dried shredded squids). You can save your time to tear them for the big ones.
1. Wash dried squids
- Wash dried squids (don’t soak them) and put them on the strainer to drain water.
Place on a dish to bake in a microwave oven for 3 minutes until you smell the aroma.
2. Prepare the mixed sauce
- Smash to mince garlic and chili.
- Prepare a preheated saucepan on oven, add some cooking oil at high medium heat to stir-fry minced garlic and chili, add 1 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tbsp sugar after garlic and chili get golden and fragrant.
- Add 2 tbsp chili shrimp paste and stir fry until the sauce is sticky and spicily tangy.
3. Simmer dried squids with the sauce
- Mix dried squids in the sauce and slowly simmer them until combined thoroughly. You should reduce heat and stir well because of the baked dried squids. Having smooth and light-brown on its texture, a special feature of this food contains various flavors and tastes to have a spicy, sweet and salty dish.
- Place them on a dish and sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds (how many sesame seeds needed to sprinkle that are up to your favorite).
- Finally, it’s amazing to serve this dish as an addictive snack with some beer for dinner beside your friends/family to watch a football match.
Keywords: spicy dried squids, dried squids