Do you like tofu – a food originated in China which is made of condensed soy milk? It is a nourishing food which can be the best choice for your meal. Don’t be deceived by its shape, you should know that from tofu you can cook many delicious dishes like this corn spring roll recipe. I’m sure that you have eaten these dishes occasionally if not frequently. What about cooking? You can too. Today, we are going to. cook a delicious recipe from tofu – fried tofu with salted eggs.
Honestly, cooking fried tofu with salted eggs is not difficult as you might think. You can make it on your own at home whenever you are hungry. Because the ingredients are so familiar and the recipe is simple, too! Even when you don’t have much time to prepare, you can still do it perfectly by following some easy steps on this post. So, let’s start it!
Fried Tofu with Salted Eggs
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Frying
- 500g of firm tofu (2 big rectangle pieces)
- 3 salted eggs
- Spring onions
- A cup of cooking oil for frying
1. Preparing tofu
- Wash the tofu with water carefully in order not to break them into pieces because the tofu isn’t too hard.
- Cut the tofu into medium square blocks, or as you like, you can cut them into smaller or bigger ones which is the most convenient for you to eat.
- Place the tofu in a plate while you are preparing other ingredients.
2. Preparing spring onions
- Wash the spring onions thoroughly.
- Slide them into small and short pieces.
3. Preparing the salted eggs
- Peel away the eggs’ outer layer and put them in a bowl.
- Take the egg yolks to another glass bowl because the egg whites are too acrid and salty to eat.
- After cleaning the egg yolks with water, mix them well with a little bit of cooking oil and place them in a pot for steaming until they are ready to eat.
4. Frying the tofu
- Heat the remaining cooking oil in a frying pan under medium heat until the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Place the sliced tofu into the pan and remember to turn them regularly because the tofu will turn golden brown quickly. So if you fry them too long, they will be dry or even can’t be eaten.
- Until all the surface of it turn golden brown, transfer them to a plate with some paper towels for absorbing oil.
5. Frying the salted egg yolks with fried tofu.
- Take out the salted egg yolks after steaming for a while, then mashing them thoroughly with a fork or even a small spoon.
- Add the mashed yolks and a little of oil into a pan, stir them until they are foamy and aromatic.
- Then add the fried tofu from step 4 into the pan, stir them gently and frequently for 3-5 minutes for the egg yolks to stick to each tofu block.
- Place the sliced spring onions into the pan, mix them together until they are blended evenly.
- Transfer the fried tofu with salted eggs into a plate and decorate the dish depending on your favorite.
Note: You need to adjust the heat properly during cooking because the tofu gets burnt very easily, and you don’t need salt as the egg yolks are salty enough.
6. Serving the fried tofu with salted eggs
- Fried tofu with salted eggs should be served when they are still hot and the outside is still crispy.
- The combination of yellow tofu, green spring onions and greasy flavor of the salted eggs match perfectly with rice and vegetables, or if you don’t have rice, you can eat them like a snack food when you are hungry.
Keywords: Fried tofu, salted eggs, Fried tofu with salted eggs howto