Have you ever thought about making pizza at home? I am sure you have enjoyed this food now and then but its look seems to make you think that making such a good pizza is so complicated. Well, don’t let it fool you because making pizza at home is actually not difficult as you think. You don’t even need an oven. I will show this to you in this post through our easy pizza recipe which results in the best pizza you will ever eat.
How to Make Pizza at Home
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- Category: Pizza recipes
- Method: Baking
For the pizza base
- • 200g flour
- • 20g sugar
- • 3g salt
- • 3g instant yeast
- • 50g fresh milk
- • 30g cooking oil
- • 50g water
- • dry oregano
For the topping
- tomato sauce
- shredded cheese
- sliced sausage
- sweet corn sesds
- crab stick
- sliced tomato
- sliced olive
- dry oregano
Step 1: Making the pizza base
Step 1.1: Making the pizza dough
If you have made bread you will notice that the steps of making pizza dough are very similar to those of making bread dough.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl then stir the sugar, instant yeast and salt into the mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Pour the fresh milk, cooking oil and water onto the flour mixture then dust some oregano on top. The distinctive strong flavor of oregano will enrich the taste of your pizzas. That’s why it will also be sprinkled on the toppings later.
- Work your spatula in a circular movement for the wet ingredients to combine with the dry ones.
- Place the mixture on a floured working surface then knead it for around 5 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and supple.
- Form the dough in round shape and put it in rest for 30 minutes.
Step 1.2: Shaping the pizza base
- After resting time, move the dough from the bowl onto the working surface again and cut it into 4 pieces for making small-sized pizzas.
- Shape each dough piece in round ball by cupping your hand on it and move it on the working surface in a quick circular movement.
- Dust the working surface with flour. Press your palm on the dough ball to flatten it a bit then roll it into flat disk shape with a pin. The dough will rise when cooked so don’t make the base too thick.
- Pick up the dough and place it on one hand then move it along the edge with the other hand. This will stretch out the dough a bit. If the dough breaks, it is either too thin or too thick.
- Adjust the edge to get a nice circle shape then fold the edge of the circle a bit inward, as demonstrated in the picture below, to give the base a good look.
- Slightly hit the dough surface with a fork to make tiny holes all around the surface, then pick it up and move it again with your hands like you did before. Now the pizza base is ready for topping.
Step 2: Topping the pizza base
- Place the pizza base in a non-stick frying pan. It is worth noting that it will not be easy to move the uncooked pizza base with toppings and that the frying pan should have a flat and thick bottom so that the pizza will be heated evenly.
- Apply a thin layer of tomato sauce on the base surface, then a layer of shredded cheese.
- Arrange the sliced sausage, tomato, olive, crab stick, and fresh sweet corn seeds on top.
- Finally, sprinkle some dry oregano on the topping surface. Now the uncooked pizza already has an interesting look.
Step 3: Cooking the pizza
Pizzas are usually cooked in ovens so they have an appealing look. But it is not an issue if you don’t have an oven. You can just cook them with your frying pan, as for our pizza recipe.
- With the pizza already in the frying pan from the topping step, cover the frying pan with a lid and cook it under low fire for 2 to 3 minutes then stop for a little while.
- Repeat this cooking process 3 times to make sure that the pizza base’s bottom turns light brown and the toppings are blended well into the base.
You see now that the pizza made following our pizza recipe is simply attractive and tasteful, and that making pizza at home is such a simple work. It is also obvious that the important task in making pizza is making the pizza base. When you have a good base you can add any toppings of your taste and present them creatively to get a delicious and inviting pizza.
Keywords: making pizza at home, homemade pizza recipe, making pizza how to