I introduced to you some fried foods using cooking oil in the previous posts. In order to help you lose weight, especially women’s attention and be yummier in your meal, I shall mention another recipe as a deliciously additive salad that you cannot stop eating. This dish is made from a kind of fruit, which is well-known, inexpensive and popular, can provide health benefits. That is green papaya.
How to get some health benefits of green papaya
Unripe green papaya as a therapeutic fruit. Why? Because this fruit can treat some digestive diseases such as constipation, hyperacidity, dysentery; prevent bacteria from scavenging the free radicals and superoxide; one more thing is skin care from green papaya due to consisting of vitamins C, A and E, all of which are powerful antioxidants that are important in skin care.
The above-mentioned benefits are just a brief in several attractions from green papaya. I only want to describe this simple but healthy and additive recipe to you for your various recipes.
How to choose the ingredients for this recipe
How to choose the right papaya
As the below video, you should choose an unripe green papaya which is crunchy and delicious while eating.
If you like your product being more attractive in color, you can choose a semi-green papaya, but you remember proceeding as soon as you own it. Because the semi-green papaya is quickly ripe, your food is not crunchy and not delicious.
How to make a flavor for pickled papaya
Chilies are usually added to the pickles. I use 2 red chilies in this video to decorate this food to become more colorful and a bit spicy. You can choose a green chili if you don’t like much spice.Print
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Asian Food
- 1 green papaya (about 900g-1kg)
- 2 red chilies
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp water
- Prepare a half water large mixing bowl with 1 tbsp salt and stir well with chopsticks.
- Peel papaya and cut in half lengthwise. You choose a green papaya without seeds, therefore, you can save your time to remove all of the seeds in it.
- Use a spoon/a knife to cleanly scrape the inside soft substances due to uselessness. Cut papaya into some small parts to soak in the prepped salt water bowl for 30 minutes in order to release the astringency caused by resin of green papaya and be less saltier as well.
- Use a vegetable slicer to thinly slice papaya crosswise. Add 1 tbsp salt and well mix papaya slices, set aside for some minutes before washing to remove salt.
- Use your hands or a straining bag (in case of a big quantity of papaya you make) to tightly squeeze papaya slices, which are dried with plastic wrap to cover about 1 day or place on a plate for overnight (you can omit this step if you want to enjoy immediately).
- After getting the papaya slices as required, set aside to prepare for the taste mixture.
- Pour 02 tbsp water and 02 tbsp sugar in a saucepan over hot heat until sugar is melted, gelatinous and has a brown color, let it be cool.
- Put again the saucepan on the stove and add a bit of water and sugar to boil this mixture.
- Add 2 tbsp fish sauce (or over, it depends on your papaya quantity and taste) and stir the mixture until mixed well. This mixture should be more delicious when getting a slightly sweeter, saltier and spicier taste.
- Place papaya slices in a bowl and the sliced chili on it. Papaya slices should be spiced up with fish sauce by sprinkling. A perfect food is completed.
You can serve pickled papaya with boiled meat. The leftover should be stored in a fridge for the next meal.
After a busy and tired working day, it is wonderful to have a nice meal with a hot rice bowl and a dish of tasty pickled papaya which has a rich source of vitamin C to help you lose the stress. You shall get your full energy for the next day.
Keywords: pickled papaya, green papaya, papaya slices