Do you know the hot dog stories? Why are there so many stories about how the hot dog got its name and who invented the hot dog buns/rolls. For all of them, I felt interested in a story of white gloves to invest the hot dog buns. “A man named Anton Feuchtwanger, who loaned white gloves to his patrons to hold his piping hot sausages. Because most of the gloves were not returned, the supply began running low. He reportedly asked his brother-in-law, a baker, for help. The baker improvised long soft rolls that fit the meat – thus inventing the hot dog bun”. Although that is a true story or a tale, the sweet potato sausage rolls for today’s topic that I’m sharing with you is the key story on hot dogs.
Hot dogs are the America’s favorite foods in spite of any humor or rumor in faraway expression from the history of hot dogs. Hot dogs became the working-class street food, which closely involved with the American culture. Nowadays, almost of people all over the world love this food as a popular fast food for their breakfast, lunch or dinner.
With the today recipe contained the basic ingredients of the classic hot dog makes the sweet potato sausage rolls. The rolls are crispy from the sweet sausage potato mixture in the frying manner. Repeatedly using potato for this recipe, followed from potato cheese pancakes that were so delicious. A further recipe in this post is more and more various for street foods likely hot dogs from a few simple ingredients only.
This video on how to make sweet potato sausage rolls helps me adding another easy breakfast for my son beside the previous recipe using some same ingredients of potato cheese pancakes. And I think you have an extra choice to make a flavorful breakfast or any meal for your child as well. Don’t wait anything else to twist your sleeves to make it together!
How to Make Sweet Potato Sausage Rolls | Crispy Potato Hot Dog
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: How to cake
- Method: Frying
- 2 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 sausage
- Mozzarella cheese
- ½ tbsp salt
- Cooking oil
Step 1 – Preparing the potato slices
- Peel two potatoes with making clean the outside
- Cut the sweet potatoes to the thin pieces. Then thinly slice the potato pieces with longwise in shapes (other method: you can proceed this step with a grater to have the similar slices). Put the slices in a bowl.
- Season ½ tbsp salt and mix with the potato slices with chopsticks and spoon. Set aside.
Step 2 – Preparing the eggs for mixing
- Break and remove the egg shells to get the egg whites and yolks. Put them in a bowl.
- Try to well beat the whites and yolks to be free of lumps. Set aside.
Step 3 – Squeezing the potato slices
- Squeeze the potato juice to have the dried mixture in another bowl. Remove the liquid left.
Step 4 – Frying
- Put a fry pan on an oven and add a thin layer of oil in the pan, wait for heating oil to fry the sausages.
- Fry the sausage and turn frequently, until being golden brown.
- Take the sausage out from the pan and set aside.
- Apply a little oil in the frypan with a thin layer. Spread the potato mixture to fully cover the inside of pan surface.
- When the potato slices are almost cooked, evenly fill the spaces of potato surface with egg mixture to have a round base.
- Add the sausage and cheese on the base and keep frying for 5 minutes.
- Turn off oven and slowly wrap the base in sausage. Need to ensure your roll to unloose and fry again for a further 5 minutes to finish the perfect roll.
Step 5 – Serving the crispy potato hot dogs
- After you finish the frying step, place your perfect food on a plate and decorate with ketchup or other sauces that you love to enhance the flavor of hot dogs.
Keywords: Potato sausage rolls
Completed! Now enjoy it, and then you may recook crunchy egg fingers (be similar in shape) as the excellent addition to your various meals effortlessly. If it is good in taste, let’s keep this track to share with other friends.