Let me cut the route short: I’m here to share the ultimate recipe of Mozzarella Cheese Corn Dog with you. After trying this Korean street food, I think it will be a crime if I keep the secret all to myself.
What is Mozzarella Cheese Corn Dog?
It comes from Korea, and you know how much people love junk food in Asia! The creative chefs enhance the traditional hot dogs by dipping them in batter and deep-frying. It means you can control the tastes (sweet and/or salty) and be creative with your own version of sauces, condiments, cheeses, and coatings like potatoes or noodles. I will be using Mozzarella cheese and breadcrumb in my recipe.
How to make Mozzarella Cheese Corn Dog | Korean Street Food
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Frying
- 3 sausages
- 250g Mozzarella cheese
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 250ml non-sugar fresh milk
- 50g sugar
- 200g breadcrumb
- 6 skewers
Once you have the ingredients, you’re ready to learn how to make a mozzarella corn cheese hot dog. Get the hotdogs ready
- Cut the sausages in half and slice the mozzarella into pieces of the same size.
- Skew the sausages and the cheese cubes with your skewers.
Batter and coating It’s this step that makes our mozzarella cheese corn dog recipe different from the normal sausages, so let’s pay attention to the smallest details.
- Sift the flour and add a pinch of salt for more flavor.
- Break the egg and pour the milk into the same bowl before adding sugar.
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients into a smooth paste. When you finish, it should have a delicious creamy color. When you lift the whisk, the batter should stick to it instead of running off.
- Spread the breadcrumb onto a separate dish.
Tips: (1) Use the egg and the milk right after taking them out of the refrigerator. (2) Chill the batter and the sausages a little if your kitchen is too warm.
- Now, we will dip the hotdogs into this paste. You should utilize the milk cup earlier and pour the creamy paste into it to make the dipping easier.
- Carefully dip the skewed sausages into the batter and roll them in breadcrumb until they are coated thoroughly.
Frying Compared to the previous step, deep-frying is relatively simple.
- Adjust the heat to the medium mode and pour cooking oil into the frypan. You would want to keep the oil level only a tad lower than the hotdogs so they will be immersed and cooked well.
- Wait until the oil is boiling and put the skews in, rolling the hotdogs from side to side for even heat.
- It will take 2 – 3 minutes for the sausages to obtain an appealing brown-golden shade.
- Serve and consume when it’s still hot. You will feel the crispy texture and the cheese melting on your tongue.
- We recommend bamboo skewers since you will deep-fry your mozzarella cheese corn dog. The metallic ones might get overheated.
- Lay the breadcrumb on a long dish. It will be easier for you to coat the dogs.
- Also, don’t forget to squeeze gently and make sure the crumbs stick to the batter as firm as possible. By doing it, you will prevent the melted cheese from leaking out when you fry the sausages.
- A non-sticking pan will work best.
- You can enhance the taste with ketchup or chili sauce!
- While preparing to fry, you should keep the skews in the fridge always. The cold temperature will keep the coatings on. And yes, you can keep them frozen for a couple of days before using them.
- We can’t provide exact data about calories and nutrition since our choices of ingredients vary greatly: sausage types, cheese types, sizes of each serving, and more. A bite or a smaller version of it is unlikely to ruin your diet, so don’t worry!
Keywords: mozzarella cheese corn dog
Recommended 20 Best Tools for Baking
|Weighing Scale||Check the Price|
|Measuring Cups and Spoons||Check The Price|
|Oven Thermometer||Check The Price|
|Spatula||Check The Price|
|Whisker||Check The Price|
|Baking Trays||Check The Price|
|Baking Pans/Tins||Check The Price|
|Cooling Racks||3||Check The Price|
|Sifter||Check The Price|
|Brush||Check The Price|
|Rolling Pin||Check The Price|
|Mixing Bowls||Check The Price|
|Serrated Knif||Check The Price|
|Palette Knife||Check The Price|
|Piping Bags||Check The Price|
|Nozzles||Check The Price|
|TurnTable||Check The Price|
|Parchment Paper||Check The Price|
|Cling Wrap||Check The Price|
If our pictures and video inspired you, don’t hesitate to try making mozzarella cheese corn dog in your family gathering! For more suggestions, check out our recipes of Chocolate Mousse Cake and Fried Pork Skin with Garlic and Chilies!