Can you make a potato pizza at home without an oven and the special dough? The answer is YES. If you choose the best ingredients and follow our step-by-step instructions, you will surprise everyone with how delicious your fried pizza is! As a matter of fact, you will have one more suggestion on your picnic menu.
Why making potato pizza without oven?
Sometimes, you will have many leftovers from yesterday’s meal, and it will be a waste to simply toss them into the garbage can when you can do some magic and turn them into this extremely appealing pizza.
[NO OVEN] How to Make Potato Pizza At Home | Easy Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Frying
- 2 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 sausage
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
Potato Pizza Base
- Peel the potatoes and wash all the remnants with water. Slice them first then cut them into thinner threads. It doesn’t have to be tiny but the size does have an effect on your appetite.
- Pour cooking oil into your frypan and set the stove to low heat.
- Fry the potato sticks for 3 minutes and add a pinch of salt for more flavor.
- Get rid of the spare oil to prevent it from accumulating in your final result. Use a colander to remove the oil as much as possible.
(In case you haven’t known, heated oil can damage your body pretty terribly. It increases cholesterol and free radicals, which cause sore throat, heart disease, arterial issues,… (1))
- Break the egg and use your chopsticks to blend the yolk and the white.
Frying potato pizza
- Pour the egg over the potato base and put the lid on for it to cook thoroughly before flipping it over using a spatula.
- Slice the sausage for thin cuts,
- Spread the pizza sauce over the surface and scatter the topping (sausage and cheese) evenly. The cheese will be the top tier of our pizza so when it melts, it will keep all the layers sticking together.
- Fry on low heat until the cheese is melted. The signal will be the irresistible smell radiating from your scrumptious pizza!
- Don’t fry the potato in boiling oil! It will burn the outside of the slices before the inside is cooked well.
- Add onion and garlic if you prefer strong scents.
- You can finish this No Oven potato pizza off with white sauce (or any sauce you love!) and divide it into pieces of any size you like.
- It works for a grill as well, so you might try this combination of potato and pizza when going on a picnic too! Still, I would recommend the frypan and the lid. It secures the heat and melts the cheese nicely without burning the base.
- If you don’t have a non-stick pan, wipe it with some olive oil before frying your pizza.
- Of course, the toppings are up to you! Sprinkle bacon, mince, or seafood if they are more appealing to you.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 22.3g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
Keywords: potato pizza
And that is how to cook a pizza with crispy crust when you are too lazy to use the oven! As you can see, a clever chef will easily turn kitchen crumbs and leftovers into this tasty treat. If you are a cheese lover, take a look at our Mozzarella Cheese Corn Dog and Homemade Pizza recipes, and subscribe to our channel!