Take a decision making out of your various menus, addition of another amazing recipe is shown in ease and you can find what is your breakfast, lunch or dinner for today? What is this food? This is the red wine beef stew. A combination of red wine, an ingredient that helps stimulate your taste and beef brisket, which is very fatty and tasty, makes a perfect and fantastic recipe.
Moreover, this is a healthy food with rich vitamins and nutrition from vegetables and protein from beef. Supplementation of this recipe with a bit of red wine increases your interesting food without alcohol-related health issues, as people think, due to just a little wine in this food.
To raise a richly flavored stew in the style of Viet Nam, and to integrate into the foreign cuisine culture, let’s explore the recipe to stew beef with red wine (almost of wine kinds which you like) deliciously.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Stewing
- Cuisine: Vietnamese styled Food
- 1 kg beef (should be beef brisket)
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Ginger (as desired)
- 2 tsp annatto seed powder
- A 10g pack of five sauce powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Cooking oil
1. Preparing the ingredients
- Open a red wine in a corkscrew.
- Thinly cut beef with 5 cm long slices, you should choose the brisket which is more delicious.
- Cut potatoes and carrot with the same large dice being tender at the same time, and tomatoes to 4 parts of each.
- Chop garlic and ginger while preheating to quickly cook beef for 3 minutes until lightly browned and then mix with some spices.
2. Preparing the beef mixture
- Add chopped ginger, five-sauce powder, annatto seed powder, fish sauce and season to the beef pot.
- Well mix and add a bit of red wine, stir well the beef mixture. Rest for 1 hour.
3. Preparing tomato sauce
- Put a frying pan on an oven with overheated oil to stir fry garlic. After garlic gets golden and fragrant, add tomatoes and stir well for 1 minute and then put a little water in it.
4. Stewing beef with red wine and vegetables
- Pour this tomato mixture into the beef mixture (the meat is barely submerged in liquid). Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until the meat is tender.
- Next, stir fry potato and carrot together in a frying pan in just a moment. You need to make this step to keep potato and carrot slices that maintain in solid when cooking them with beef.
- Add potatoes and carrots in the tendered beef pot.
- To be gelatinous in water, you can add 1 tbsp of tapioca starch dissolving in a little of water in advance to be free of lumps.
- Finally, 1 ladle of red wine in addition is completed for the food. You look so delicious.
5. How to serve this food
- You can decorate with some slices of onion on top layer to have a good and tasty beef bowl.
- Serve this dish with crusty bread or rice to blend well both in color and taste with red wine beef stew to be a perfect dish to kindly enjoy with your friends or your family.
Keywords: red wine beef stew, beef stew, beef stew with red wine