If you are getting bored with the meals included dishes from meat, and you want to change your menu to a different one, round scad fish (also called as galunggong fish in some places) is an alternative that you can consider. It’s a kind of sea fish which not only contains many nutrients but also very tasty and good for both children and adults. And today, we are going to cook an appetizing dish from this round scad fish – which is round scad fish cooked with sauce.
Cooking round scad fish with sauce is extremely simple and doesn’t take much time. Such an aromatic dish like this is really suitable for winter days. Some people are scared of the fishy taste but now it isn’t a matter. You can make them perfectly in your own kitchen by following our recipe in this post. You will enjoy the cooking and this round scad fish recipe.
Round Scad Fish Cooked with Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Cooked with sauce
- 500g round scad fish
- Peeled lemon grass, ginger, chili
- Spring onions, peeled onions and garlic (about 5 cloves of each one)
- 2 teaspoons of mashed pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of seasoning powder
- 1 teaspoon of caramel
- 1 cup of cooking oil for frying
1. PREPARING ROUND SCAD FISH
- Eliminate their guts and peel off their skins after buying them or you can use salt to rub both inside and outside of the round scad fish so that you can reduce the fishy taste of them.
- Then wash them carefully with water many times to make sure that they are all clean, let they drain off from water and put them in a plate.
2. FRYING THE ROUND SCAD FISH
- Add ½ cup of cooking oil into a pan under medium heat until the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Place the round scad fish into the pan, one by one, and don’t forget to turn them frequently until they smell good and their outsides get golden brown evenly.
- Transfer the fried round scad fish into a plate while preparing for the next step.
Note: You don’t need to fry the round scad fish thoroughly because you will cook them later with sauce.
3. PREPARING THE MARINATED SAUCE
- Smash the garlic and onions, then cut them into small pieces together with the lemon grass and ginger.
- Add ½ cup of cooking oil into a pan and wait until the oil is hot.
- Place the mixture of garlic, onions, lemon grass, ginger and chilies into the pan, stir them regularly.
- Until the mixture is fragrant, add a little bit each of salt, sugar, seasoning powder, fish sauce and water into the pan. Now you have the marinated sauce for your round scad fish.
Note: You can adjust quantity of the condiment to suit your taste.
4. COOKING THE ROUND SCAD FISH WITH SAUCE
- Place the fried round scad fish into the wok with the marinated sauce under medium heat, mix them well and cover the wok with a lid, then wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then turn the round scad fish from side to side regularly so that each of the fish absorbs the sauce evenly.
- Put the sliced spring onions (about 3-4cm long) and dills into the wok, stir them for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the round scad fish cook with sauce into a plate and decorate the dish the way you like.
5. SERVING THE ROUND SCAD FISH COOKED WITH SAUCE
- The round scad fish cooked with sauce should be served when it’s still hot and they go well with rice and vegetables.
- This delicious and nutritious round scad fish covered with sauce is a nice choice for you and your family on some busy days.
Keywords: Round scad fish, Round scad fish cooked with sauce howto