Also known as ‘pigs in a blanket’, these sausage bread rolls are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Not only do they taste delicious, the shape and the serving are also quite appealing, especially for the children who are looking for a fun time eating.
If you love bread and snacks, it’s time to put your apron on and discover this new recipe! You will never need to buy a sausage roll from bakeries again.
Why do I love sausage bread rolls?
The first time I tried them was many years ago, and I was in awe when I finally learned how to make them on my own. It’s incredibly easy, but the result is absolutely amazing. Its use is flexible, and you can couple these rolls with various types of soup or salad for a great combo.
Sausage Bread Rolls Recipe | Homemade Rolls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Frying
We only need 4 ingredients in this recipe, and I bet most of you have them ready in your cupboard. How simple can it get? Let’s collect them first!
- 2 bread slices
- 2 sausages
- 1 egg
- 100g breadcrumb
Step 1: Make the rolls
- Lay the bread on a flat surface such as a tray or a cutting board. Use a cylinder object to roll the slice flat before trimming the brown edges.
- Put the sausage on the bread and roll it up.
- Break the egg and whisk gently to blend the parts together. Smear some of this substance on the rim of the white bread to seal your roll for frying later.
- Get a new plate for the breadcrumb. Afterward, dip the rolls into the egg wash and roll them in breadcrumbs for a crispy texture.
Step 2: Frying the rolls
- Pour cooking oil into the frypan. Make sure the rolls are immersed in oil so they can cook thoroughly.
- Move the rolls around to fry evenly. You will know you have succeeded when the white breadcrumb turns into a golden shade.
Step 3: Serving the rolls
- Cut them into edible slices. However, I think the children will love it if you skew the full-size rolls with bamboo sticks.
- Finish the bites with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- You can use any type of sausage (beef, pork, chicken) to make a delicious sausage bread roll.
- If you would love to test a new ingredient, we suggest a combination of minced pork, onion, garlic (parsley and mustard are optional) for your stuffing.
- For a cheesy taste, you should cover both ends well after adding that layer of cheese.
- It will taste better if you fry and serve them right away instead of keeping the cooked rolls in storage. Nevertheless, sometimes you have to prepare things in advance. When wrapped in plastic sheets, the raw rolls can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days at maximum. But remember to let them return to room temperature before cooking!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 462mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: sausage bread rolls
As you can see in the data of calories and nutrients, sausages and bread rolls are an indulgence to your cravings. Therefore, don’t consume them every day, or you will need to spend much more time in the gym to maintain a healthy body!
I know you might be wondering if it’s possible to make the bread at home as well, and I totally understand. Homemade food is always healthier than what they sell in stores, so you can check our instruction on how to bake white bread by yourself before attempting with these sausage bread rolls. Don’t forget to leave a like and subscribe to our channel for new recipes every day!