Winter is coming, and waking up early to prepare breakfast might be quite troublesome for many of us. It takes less than half an hour for all steps, and if you have the ingredients ready for cooking, you will probably need no more than 15 minutes for this fancy dish. Its name is Sausage Quesadilla.
What is Quesadilla?
If you are a fan of Mexican culture and cuisine, the name is definitely not foreign to you. We can always find Quesadilla in a Mexican restaurant. However, it has embraced many cuisine trademarks of other countries and, therefore, has become even more popular.
Now, if you haven’t heard of it, Quesadilla is a combination of two tortillas with a filling in between. Yes, it is kind of similar to a sandwich! The filling contains savory ingredients such as cheese, meat, vegetables, and spices of your choice.
I’m going to show you a few cultural contributions to our dish. Who knows, you might be interested in including them in your sausage quesadilla!
- Italy: They use Oaxaca cheese instead of mozzarella. It’s stringy as well!
- Spain: The main influence from Spain to Quesadilla is the addition of pork and beef.
- North America: They were the first people to make corn tortilla.
How to make Sausage Quesadilla?Print
Sausage Quesadilla Recipe | Extremely Delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Frying
The recipe consists of common and popular ingredients that you can easily purchase or gather right in your kitchen. Let’s take a look at them:
- 1 sausage
- 1 potato
- 30g onion
- 50g Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
It’s a simple but important step. We can’t leave the supplies untouched and expect the sausage quesadilla to cook itself!
- Drag the knife along the sausage and cut it in half before repeating the move with each half. Afterward, slice them into small cubes.
- Peel the onion skin and take about ¼ of it for that 30 grams. Cut the onion into pieces of the same size as the sausage.
- Remove the potato skin as well before cutting it into thin slices.
Step 2: Fry the ingredients
- Coat your frypan with 2 teaspoons of cooking oil. It should be enough to spread evenly while not soaking the ingredients.
- Add onion and sausage first, turn them around a little so the pieces won’t be burnt, and pour the ketchup over them. Use a pinch of salt (and optionally paprika) to enhance the flavor.
- Fry them for about 3 minutes. By now, you can already catch the irresistible smell of these scrumptious ingredients.
Step 3: Making the base
- Start a new batch with butter as the pan’s coating.
- Place each potato slice over the edge of another, so they will stick together and form a base for our sausage quesadilla.
- Scatter the fried mixture over the potato base and spread grated cheese on top.
- When your cheese starts to melt, carefully fold the quesadilla in half for the shape of a taco bell and serve it on the plate.
- As for the stuffing, you can use egg and smoked bacon as well as shrimp and whatnot. It all depends on your preference!
- However, serving this dish with tomato sauce is almost a must, since it’s the main flavor, the highlight of a quesadilla.
- Italian quesadillas use Italian pork or turkey sausages.
- The nutrient facts we provide are based on the ingredients we use. The data might be different if you decide to replace them with your favorites.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 438 kcal
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: sausage quesadilla
If you like our recipe of sausage quesadilla, consider leaving a like and subscribing to our channel to get daily updates with delicious dishes and cooking tips. For more uses of potato and sausage, try Sweet Potato Sausage Rolls or Potato Cheese Pancakes!