For most of the Vietnamese people, pork is a very familiar ingredient which is regularly appeared in their meals. From this nutritious pork, you can make a lot of scrumptious dishes for your family like this fried pork belly recipe or this fried ground pork belly on lemongrass stalks. And today, we are going to find out the recipe of a yummy one – stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork balls.
Cooking stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork balls is the best choice for people who are too busy at work. Why did I say that? Because you just need to spend less than 30 minutes preparing the ingredients and cooking this dish by taking some easy steps as mentioned in this post. So, let’s do it!
- 1 Stir-Fried Tomatoes with Minced Pork Balls Recipe
Stir-Fried Tomatoes with Minced Pork Balls Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Stir-frying
• 200g minced pork shoulder
• ½ bowl of sugar
• ½ bowl of monosodium glutamate
• 2 teaspoons of mashed pepper
• 1 bowl of peeled garlic and onions ( about 4 cloves of each one)
• 3 tomatoes and parsley
• A cup of cooking oil for stir-frying
1. Preparing garlic, onions, and tomatoes
- Smash the garlic and onions, then crush them thoroughly.
- Divide them into 2 parts for marinating minced pork and stir-frying tomatoes. If you don’t like eating garlic, you can reduce the amount of this as well.
- Wash the tomatoes with water carefully, cut away the petioles, then cut them into long strips or any size depends on your favorite.
2. Preparing minced pork balls
- Put minced pork in a large bowl, marinate them with a part of crushed garlic and onions, a little bit of mashed pepper, monosodium glutamate and sugar. The quantities of these spices can be changed to have the taste you want.
- Using food gloves to mix minced pork and shape them into small balls so that they can’t be broken when you stir-fry them. You can add a boiled quail egg inside each ball if you like and you have time, too.
- Put the minced pork balls in a plate for next step.
3. Frying the minced pork balls
- Add half of the cooking oil into a pan under medium heat until the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Place the minced pork balls into the oil, and remember to turn them regularly until the outside gets golden brown evenly.
- Transfer them to a plate and let them dry a bit while we are stir-frying tomatoes.
Note: because minced pork balls get burnt easily, you need to adjust the heat properly to make sure that the inside of balls is cooked through and the outside turns golden all around.
4. Stir-frying tomatoes and minced pork balls
- Add a little bit of cooking oil in a wok, when the oil is hot, place the remaining crushed garlic and onions into the wok, stir them well until they are brown and aromatic.
- Put the sliced tomatoes in the wok, stir them frequently for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour ½ bowl of water into the wok to make the tomatoes softer, then continue stirring gently them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the fried pork balls in the wok, adjust the heat lower, then mix them and cover the wok with a lid, wait for 3-5 minutes until the pork balls are blended thoroughly with tomatoes.
- Place the parsley into the wok, stir them with the mixture evenly.
- Transfer the stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork into a plate and decorate the dish depending on your favorite.
Note: The amount of time for stir-frying tomatoes is adjustable. If you want the tomatoes to become softer, you can stir them for a bit longer, and vice versa.
5. Serving the stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork balls
- Stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork should be served when they are still hot and they combine well with rice or noodles.
- The minced pork balls with tomatoes sauce on their surfaces look appetizing and soft, it’s also suitable for your parents and children.
Keywords: Stir-fried tomatoes, minced pork, Stir-fried tomatoes with minced pork balls howto