What do we eat today? This question is usually in my mind when I get up and even prepare for today’s meals. We should have a few changes with a vegan recipe, not meat or fish. Therefore, I share with you a new vegan food in this post. Not only vegans, vegetarians but also non-vegans/non-vegetarians, who can cook and serve this dish for your meals. That is Tofu wrapped in Guise Leaves, a recipe that is so simple, inexpensive and fast to cook.
Guise leaves called “La lot” in Vietnamese language have many health benefits and a special flavor from a type of perennial herb.
In addition, the ingredients also include Tofu, a more and more popular product than ever, which is very necessary to provide a rich nutrition for vegans/vegetarians.
With this food, you feel like being tasty, flavored in spite of a vegan recipe. You can serve for your main meals or vegans’ BBQ party, even non-vegans’ party. How to cook Tofu wrapped in Guise Leaves?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: How to Cook
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Vietnamese Food
- 2 small blocks of Tofu
- Guise leaves (as desired)
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2 tbsp sesame
- Soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning
- ½ tsp MSG
- Cooking oil
Step 1 – Prepare the spice mixture
- Chop lemongrass to finely grind with sesame in mortar and pestle. Seasoning, MSG and pepper are seasoned in the mixture. Place this mixture in a bowl.
Step 2 – Prepare Tofu slices
- Cut tofu into 6 slices each to make nice rolls.
- Add the spice mixture into the middle of tofu slices slit by a small knife.
Step 3 – Wrap Tofu in Guise Leaves
- Hold the leaf on hand to roll, place a tofu slice on a shiny greener side and stem pointing out. You roll over and stop at the stem, which is removed.
- You fix tofu in leaf by using a toothpick to pin the roll at the middle (how to pin, it depends on your method to keep nice rolls while frying).
Step 4 – Fry Tofu slices
- Pour 2 tbsp cooking oil into a frying pan preheated over medium-high heat.
- Put all tofu slices in the pan and fry until the guise leaves are golden and fragrant.
Step 5 – Serve a delicious dish
- With the fragrances of guise leaves and lemongrass and the fat sesame in combination, don’t miss soy sauce (or chili sauce more), it makes a perfect food for vegans, vegetarians and even non-vegetarians who would like to vary the recipes made from guise leaves with tofu instead of meat.