I will be very honest about my extreme obsession for fluffy treats that almost melt on my tongue – I love them! Unlike how most people assume, they are not difficult to make at all, especially when you have detailed instructions to follow. Today, we will discover a unique egg dish named fluffy souffle omelette.
Whether you are in a rush for breakfast or feeling lazy with brunch, this super tasty ‘pancake’ will save the day. All you will need are eggs, salt, sugar, and a few extra minutes to beat the egg whites.
How To Make Fluffy Souffle Omelette | Super Delicious & Cute
- Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- Method: Frying
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp butter
You have the ingredients prepared. Now, it’s time to roll your sleeves up and learn how to make fluffy souffle omelette.
Get the batter ready
- First of all, we need to separate the yolk and the egg white. Be gentle when you crack the shell and keep the red yolk in one piece. Slowly transfer the yolk to the other piece and repeat the process until you manage to obtain the white separately.
- Add salt to the yolk bowl and use a whisk to mix them well.
- Add sugar to the white bowl and use an egg mixer to whisk the mixture into a cream. It’s fine if you only have the hand whisk, but your wrist will go through an intense workout!
- Finally, you can let the yolk and the white have their reunion. Get your spoon and stir the mixture evenly. It will ensure the fluffy souffle omelette later on.
Frying with skills
- Adjust your stove to low-heat mode.
- Apply a layer of butter or cooking oil to your non-sticking frypan.
- Pour the batter into the frypan and spread it evenly so no area is too thin or thick.
- Put a lid on to seal the heat inside and wait for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula (or chopsticks if you’re confident with your clever hands!) to fold the fluffy souffle omelette in half. By now, the omelette should have a light golden brown texture and a tender feeling if you press on it.
- You can use any sauce you like on the omelette and also draw random patterns to make it more appealing.
Although every Japanese souffle omelette recipe you will find on the internet includes a simple direction, here are more tips if you want to take your egg dish to the next level:
- Soft or medium peaks won’t do the trick, you would want to whisk the egg whites till they are stiff peaks.
- You shouldn’t use the whisk (let alone the mixer!) when you blend all the ingredients, as it will flatten our soft batter instead.
- For the best outcome, let’s get to the frying step as soon as you finish mixing! If we procrastinate, the yolk and the white will start to part ways, and mixing them again will affect the quality by a lot.
- The butter (or cooking oil) is to prevent sticking, in case your frypan isn’t the recommended type. We don’t need to use a generous amount.
- The lid will assure your omelette is cooked thoroughly.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400
Keywords: fluffy souffle omelette
Last but not least: For more flavor, don’t be afraid to play with different ingredients! Gouda or parmesan combined with herbs will enhance your fluffy souffle omelette so much more! If you have tried and enjoyed the dish, consider leaving a like and subscribing to our channel for more delicious recipes!