Before showing all of you the simplest recipe to make the best homemade dinner rollers, I think we should know exactly what the best rollers mean. To those true fans of rollers, they all suppose that a good dinner roll should be buttery, fluffy, and taste heavenly. According to my experience of many times trying so many ways to create rollers, finally I have found the easiest steps to make the best homemade dinner rollers matching these standards above. What you need to do is just preparing some basic ingredients and following my recipe below with demonstrations of helpful pictures.
How To Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: About 2 hours
- Category: cake
- Method: baking
As other methods of making homemade dinner rolls, we ought to buy some basic stuffs such as flour, eggs, fresh milk, cheese, butter, etc.… However, the secret to succeed in mastering this perfect kind of cake is measuring the ingredients as below recipe:
- Eggs: 3 eggs
- Corn starch: 13 g
- Fresh milk: 220 ml
- Butter: 25 g
- Cream cheese: 30 g
- Flour: 300 g
- Instant yeast: 5 g
- Salt: 3 g
- Oil: 3 g
- Formula milk: 20 g
- Sugar: 70 g
- Water: 120 g
Having prepared and measured all of these ingredients above we start the simplest recipe with making custard filling.
Step 1: Making custard filling
- First, take two eggs and detaching the yolks from the white eggs.
If you have a useful spoon like the picture this step will be much easier. We break the eggs with a knife and put both the yolk and white to the spoon. The white egg will flow to a dish below, then we put the yolk to another one.
In case you do not have a magic spoon, we do the same method as I used to mention in previous post. Here we also break the eggs into two parts with a knife. After that, we keep the yolk inside the shells and leave the white egg into a dish. Finally, put the yolk to another dish.
- Second, add a little sugar to the dish of two egg yolks.
- Third, whipping the yolks with a beater.
- Then, continue to add about 13 g of corn starch to the dish and go on beating.
- Final, pour a bit of fresh milk to the mixture and whipping until all of the ingredients mix well together.
- Boil 220 ml of fresh milk in a pot.
- Then, pour the mixture we have made into the pot and stirring with a long spoon.
- Add some butter (25 g) to the pot and go on stirring.
- To make our cake richer, give the pot some more cheese (30g). And continue to stir until we get the result like picture above.
- Finally, leave the whole mixture into a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator while waiting for making the bread.
Step 2: Making bread
- We place 300 g of four on the chopping board like below picture.
- Break one egg and put it into the center of the flour.
- Flavor the flour with a little instant yeast, salt, sugar and formula milk.
- Blend all ingredients with our two hands.
- To get the magic in blending flour, you can observe our clips to see exactly what to do and not to do.
- Add 120 g of water and some oil into the mix.
- Then, knead flour until we get a soft and tough like our result below.
- Finally, put the mixed flour in to a bowl. Cover it with a plastic bag and rise it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
Step 3: Covering the custard filling with the bread
After rising the mixed flour in a warm place for about 30 minutes, we divide it into 6 pieces.
Rub these 6 pieces one by one to give them shapes of small balls.
Use a pastel to flatten them.
Put 2 small spoons of custard filling in the center of the flatten flour.
Then, roll it to have the result like our picture below.
Step 4: Baking dinner rolls
Finishing rolling the flour, we put them one by one into a brass.
Don’t forget to leave some space between two rolls so that after baking they will stick together.
One more thing we should remember is coating some egg yolk on the surface of each roll in order to have an incredible color after baking.
Rise the brass in a warm place from 20 to 30 minutes. And bake it at 180℃ for about 20 to 25 minutes more.
Now we can take the brass out and enjoy our best homemade dinner rolls from shape to taste. I was totally conquered by this roll as the first time I tried it. After splitting the roll, you feel first the rich of butter and cheese. When giving it the slow bite, I’m sure you can’t stand with biting the second one because of its buttery, fluffy, and heaven taste. These best homemade dinner rolls will be the best choice for many occasions from a birthday party to an outside picnic. We can also prepare some dinner rolls for incredible desserts after meals for our lovers thanks to this simplest recipe. I can master this homemade dinner rolls and totally satisfy with the result I get. Hope you will find the key to success with our helpful tips above.
Keywords: Dinner rolls