Bananas are popular and inexpensive fruits worldwide. It’s easy to plant or buy bananas in your country. Hence, people have utilized to vary sweet banana desserts, instead of eating them as normal fruits only. That’s why we have had many dishes made from bananas and other ingredients, including banana tapioca pudding or Che Chuoi that is styled by Vietnamese recipes as my favorite dessert. And I think you are too.
With the natural sweetness of ripe bananas (I used Cavendish Banana, a kind of fruit that is extremely sweet and fragrant that you want to eat so much), slightly chewy tapioca pearls and creamy and fat coconut milk in combination, I have a perfect banana pudding or sweet banana soup recipe that you serve multi-times from your first time.
Because this dish is naturally sweet from bananas, only a small sugar quantity is used. Your body will be provided a lot of nutrition and proteins from bananas, so that you don’t think it’s just a simple dish for eating, actually banana tapioca pudding brings to you more health benefits than you think.
This dish can be eaten as a cold or hot dessert after your meal. You can also store in the refrigerator for all week long.
How to Make Banana Tapioca Pudding
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Vietnamese Food
- 3 ripe bananas
- Coconut milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 medium bowl of tapioca pearl
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- Shredded coconut flakes
- 1 medium bowl of sugar
- 1g vanillin powder
1. Prepare tapioca pearls
- Cleanly wash and soak tapioca pearl in plenty of water for 1 hour. Set aside. This step will help tapioca pearls be slowly soft and be fast in boiling.
- Preheat a boiled saucepan and pour tapioca pearls over high medium heat and stir frequently. Tapioca pearls are slowly clear with some having a white dot in the center to get fully transparent.
- Soak all tapioca pearls into cold water to prevent pasting. Set aside.
2. Choose and cut bananas
Tips for choosing bananas: You should choose some bananas to be ripe enough that banana skin has black dots, not overripe ones resulting in getting black during cooking, and which is under-ripe, it causes sour taste.
- Peel and cut in lengthwise bananas into some slices, depending on your cutting styles that look nice. I used Cavendish bananas in this post. You can replace by other kinds of bananas such as Pisang Awak bananas.
- Soak all bananas into a big water bowl with salt to avoid rising black dots on texture.
3. Cook the banana mixture
- Prepare another boiling saucepan and add 2tbsp coconut milk and then stir well.
- Pour bananas into the coconut milk mixture with 5 tbsp sugar (you can add more sugar if you like much sweet). Let the mixture simmer and stir well.
- At last, add the mixture in tapioca pearls, until water is boiled again to slowly put vanillin powder.
4. Serve the dish:
- Place the pudding in a glass bowl. Add a top layer with coconut cream and coconut flakes on to decorate for this flavor dish, Banana Tapioca Pudding.
Keywords: banana tapioca pudding, sweet banana dessert