Egg Cheese Toast will never disappoint if you need a meal that can provide you the important energy boost. I will be honest and say it doesn’t look fancy, but we shouldn’t expect too much from a 10-minute recipe! The crispy crust and the sticky cheese still can steal everyone’s heart.
Healthy Egg Cheese Toast
Besides the main ingredients, our cheese and egg sandwich also contains sausage and condiments like onion and spring onion, which give our recipe enough nutrients for a productive day.
- People who are on diets usually eliminate bread from their meals. However, you totally can enjoy a delicious toasted sandwich without worrying too much about nutrient balance. In fact, you will see at the end of our recipe, how this sandwich is not packed with calories and fat at all.
- Carb. The healthy carb isn’t bad for you. White bread has the fiber content that prolongs the satiety after a meal. Additionally, the versions with whole grains have more fiber.
- Reduce the risk of chronic diseases. A study shows that healthy carbs limit the risk of cancer cardiovascular diseases.
- Happiness. Carbs can promote the production of serotonin – the hormone of happiness – and thus curb the urge to consume unhealthy snacks.
- Beauty. If you care about hair and skin, you will be delighted to know a wheat bread provides a good dose of vitamin B and protein, which will limit the signs of aging.
Egg and Cheese
Egg cheese toast is such a powerful breakfast for these reasons:
- Both eggs and cheese are good fiber content. Your blood sugar will be regulated, preventing the hunger from bothering you in the morning.
- They are well-known protein supplies that make sure your beauty is on point by boosting the regeneration of cell growth and muscle tissue.
- You can maintain proper nerve function thanks to vitamin B12 in these ingredients. Needless to say, it will enhance your productivity at work! Therefore, we will indulge our brain a little by adding some sausage or bacon to the egg fried cheese toast.
Egg Cheese Toast | Super Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Category: How to cook
- Method: Fry
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 sausage
- 25g Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ onion
- 1 spring onion
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Wash onion and spring onion before cutting them into small pieces.
- Slice the sausage into thin cuts. The size depends on your preference! If you want to feel a mouthful of tasty sausages, go for the round slices, and cut them in half to for easier bites.
- Break the eggs and whisk them with your chopsticks.
Step 2: Panfry the sandwich
- Wipe your frypan with a thin film of butter or cooking oil. We wouldn’t want a sandwich oozing with oil and grease.
- Choose a low heat mode.
- Divide your sandwich slice in half and place it in the frypan. Keep a small distance between the two halves because we will fold the egg cheese toast later.
- Scatter onion, spring onion, sausage around the bread before pouring the whisked egg over them. You should try your best to not smear the egg over the sandwich and spare the room for cheese. Instead, make sure the gap between the slices is filled with egg to have a full base.
- Flip the toast and spread grated cheese evenly.
- This step is a bit tricky. You will need two utensils to handle the edges of the egg base and form a square shape before folding one half over the other.
- Let the heat melt the cheese and serve it right away with your favorite sauce.
You can use any alternative of bread and sausage that fits your taste (I have seen a lot of people adding avocadoes to their egg and cheese sandwich!), but the calories, as well as nutrition facts, might be changed compared to the data we provide.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 251
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Cholesterol: 200mg
Keywords: egg cheese toast, sandwich, breakfast