Do you know how to make a simple pizza at home with store-bought dough? The steps should be very simple, yet not every recipe you find on the internet comes out great. However, I can assure you my mom’s secret homemade pizza tastes fabulous as though it comes from a decent restaurant and healthier than the choices you have on delivery services!
Unable to resist simple yet scrumptious recipes, I have talked my mom into sharing her tips for a delicious pizza with us, so let’s get started right away!
Why do we love homemade pizza?
Sometimes, we might not feel satisfied with the flavor or even the amount of toppings on the pizza we bought. After all, who else knows our taste better than ourselves? Nonetheless, the preparation for pizza dough isn’t exactly simple, therefore, they started to develop packed dough, which you can buy and use anytime.
Pizza dough can last for a couple of months if stored properly in the freezer. Home cooks find it extremely convenient for them, as they can simply take the dough out of the fridge and let them defrost overnight.
About store-bought dough
The advantage of getting it from stores is you won’t have to worry about searching for a dough recipe. However, I have seen people hesitant to buy commercial dough because they aren’t sure how to stretch it well.
A detail not everyone knows: your dough needs approximately ½ – 3 hours being outside of the fridge. My favorite trick is wrapping the dough in a towel and leave it on the counter. You can also use a heated towel to speed up.
During the kneading process, punch it with your knuckles if needed and roll it over and over, until you can’t see any gaping holes. We add bits of flour while kneading to reduce the wetness too.
A delicious & simple pizzaPrint
Simple Pizza Recipe | Homemade Pizza
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
Here are the ingredients you will need for this easy recipe:
- 150g pizza dough
- Flour (for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 50g minced beef
- 50g Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon corn (cooked)
With the amounts above, you will be able to ace a 15cm homemade pizza that no one can resist!
- Knead the dough and roll it into a round ball.
- On a clean platform, dust the ball for a less sticky texture before flattening it with a rolling pin. Shape the circle with any kitchen tool you deem suitable.
- Create indents on the crust with the right tool and curve the edge if you want to form a lip.
- Spread tomato sauce all over the surface.
- Sprinkle some cheese around before topping it with mince, more cheese, and corn.
- Choose the suitable mode with your oven and bake this homemade pizza. You will know it’s ready to serve when the cheese starts to melt and smell really good.
- Drawing zigzag patterns on top with your optional sauce.
- Divide the pizza into even pieces and serve when the cheese is still hot and stringy.
- I would highly recommend being creative with your toppings and bombing every gathering with your cooking skills!
- Brush the rim with olive oil, it will turn into a delectable golden shade when baked.
- Some cooks like to par-bake the pizza base before adding their toppings. I mean, they have got a point! The ingredients might be burnt by the time the dough is well-baked.
- Don’t forget to season even though it’s a simple pizza. A pinch of salt and parmesan before cooking as well as a bit of basil afterward – it makes your pizza perfect.
- Meats: pepperoni, ham, sausage, sous vide bacon and chicken
- Fruits and vegetables (we have to love them because the options they offer are countless!): red onions, zucchini, and butternut squash (veggies); pear, pineapple, apple, and cherry (fruits)
- Cheese: Mozzarella is a traditional flavor along with cheddar and fontina, so if you want a bold attempt, you have smoked gouda, goat cheese, or bleu cheese to add.
- Sauce: Aside from the classic pizza sauce, people love their BBQ taste, garlic scent, or Alfredo sauce as well!
Keywords: simple pizza
Let me know if you have tried this simple pizza recipe at home! When it comes to healthy homemade dishes, you can count on HavyCakes with incredible recipes, from snacks like Potato Garlic Rings and Crispy Chicken Cakes to cakes such as Football Cake and Japanese Cheese Cake. To receive those delicious recipes everyday, subscribe to our channel and website!